Saturday, April 24, 2010

Its been too long...

So I have been slacking on my blogging.  I apologize to.. well anyone but especially to myself since this is a commitment I should be on top of.

Update on my life anyone?

Professionally, I started my job.  Its a temp but I could see it potentially going somewhere.  I work at Citifeild, home of the New York Mets as a suite supervisor.  The hours aren't long compared to being in a kitchen, but I feel that I move around wayyyy more than I did in the kitchen.

I was suppose to only be in charge of 8 suites but the read world has set in.  One supervisor got fired before the opening game and another got fired for not reporting in.  Now instead of 8 I have 13.  On a "regular" day 9 out of 13 of my suites are open.  I have about 2 guest attendants per room and 2 runners between all of them.

There's a lot of walking back and forth, I'm considering getting a pedometer to see how far I walk in a day, however the job is fun and also frustrating at times.  But I take a deep breath to calm myself and try to tackle the problem head on.

Now personally, hang on to your chairs, I joined an online dating site.  I know what you're thinking but please:
DON'T JUDGE!
9 times out of 10, you don't have the right to.

It might sound strange for a 21 year old to join a dating website, but honest to truth, I'm not the type to go out to clubs or bars.  Beside, what type of guys will I be meeting there anyway?  So I ventured out and gave online dating a try.

I do admit, there were a few creepers who messaged me.  No offense to them but I'm 21 and one of them was 41.

More to come on that later.  I need sleep.
6 out of a 10 game home stand done.... now to survive the last 4.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! love the update can't wait to hear more about the foray into the online dating thing!

    ReplyDelete