Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The YouTuber

It should be no surprise that I am a YouTube fan since, according to podcastingnews.com, the site as reached over 2 billion views per day.  My favorites to watch are cooking videos and make up tutorials.  It is my go to place for "how to" info as well.  However, a few months back I discovered what "haul" videos where.  Although I doubt many wouldn't know, I will explain it anyway.  A YouTube "haul" is basically a video about someones purchase, what they bought, a description and what they think about it.

I have done my due diligence to find hauls that do not pertain to beauty or clothing.  So far I have come up with none.  Then an article in July issue of Marie Claire came out about the growing number of haul videos which got me thinking.... How do they afford it all.

I love clothes and make up but never have I gone out to purchase a group of products unless it was absolutely necessary.  Therefore I have come up with a plan.  If I come across a dress I like online or an eye shadow that I think its cool I won't buy it.  I would just post a picture or a link because I want to live within my means and it would be impossible to buy things just to tell people about it.

So let me kick it off!

From: Modcloth.
Name: Who Wants to Be a Frillionaire Dress

Why I like it: Strapless is cute for summer, a light cardigan over it and it's ready for a daytime picnic or a cropped blazer and its good for an evening out dancing.  The color looks soft and feminine, it catches the eye but doesn't over shock the viewer.  Of course the frills are super eye catching.
Who Wants to Be a Frillionaire Dress

1 comment:

  1. Wow did you really buy this? Its awesome... a dress for an awesome dinner....like Alinea perhaps?

    ReplyDelete