Monday, February 22, 2010

Cruising along

Over a week and a half has passed by since graduation.  Almost all of my great friends have moved back home and the few still in NY have started or are preparing to start working.  Which leaves me to think about where my life is heading.


I had my first interview today in Manhattan.  I was so nervous I barely slept the night before.  I can't help but think I was over dressed.  The CIA dress code has been such a big part of my educational career that I went there in a button down, dress skirt and heels while my interviewer was in t-shit and jeans.  Overall I felt quite confidant.  Now to rock the trailing tomorrow!  I'm sure today and tomorrow is just the beginning of what I will be facing more often.


In other news, living at home is like a a throwback in time.  For the past 3 years I have been quite independant: no one to tell me when to go to bed or when to take my meals or report where I am and with whom I am out with.  I can say quite positivly, those days are OVER.  My parents, much love to them, are super protective.  Since thier bird that left the nest has finally flown home, they hover.. endlessly.  Strangely, I can't say I mind it all that much.  


One positive and negative aspect of living at home has to be the FOOD.  There is nothing better than a home cooked meal, not even what they serve at school compares.  
Dad made some crispy wings.


Juicy steak with sauteed spinach (not pictured)

My mother learned how to make Cha Sui from scratch. It's better than what the stores offer.


I also made, what i considered, a vat of chilli.  Somehow it got demolished in a day.

With all this food, I'm lucky if I can keep my weight the same. :)

Something I have been working on is photography.  My father has a great Canon Rebel and I have been playing around with it.  It's quite a change for someone who has been use to point and shoot cameras to learning how to manually set almost everything.  It's quite fun but I need to go out to take more pictures!
Here is a few that I like best.  Questions, comments and critiques are welcomed!

*It's all flower because there was nothing else that created the same effect.


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As an avid fan of photography, (and something I know NOTHING about), much props.

    ReplyDelete